Latriea Grant
EDU 697
Professor Valley
Reflection
This MATLT Program has been an amazing journey from start to finish. Prior to entering the program at Ashford University, I had taken courses in another program which did not work for me. I continued to do my research and found Ashford and have been with the university every since. One of my main goals was to find a degree that fit my needs and wants in my career. This program has done just that.
Challenges
There have been several challenges along the way. One being my health, and having to constantly be in doctors offices while trying to obtain my degree. I am so thankful for the wonderful staff at Ashford, who has been very understanding and willing to accept assignments as well as my medical information.
Room for Improvement
I feel that the only improvement would be to the last assignment. I did not fully understand it, and it has truly overwhelmed me at times. I think that is one of those assignments where it should be broken down as the only assignment in the course.
Support
One of the first people to ever congratulate me for making the decision to obtain my Masters Degree passed away during the process. My Grandmother Mrs. Inez Colleton. She was my strength and voice of reason, and for a long time I wanted to just give up. I realized that quitting was not an option and that I still has my Mother, Step Father, Brother, and my Daughter backing me 100%. I am so thankful for them and their support throughout this.
Farewell
I don't know about others but I am so excited to be the first Graduate with my Masters Degree in my Family. I have called, text, and told just about everyone I have come in contact with. Being a little from a small town many times people just count you out. I refused to be counted out. And as of April 2016 I made sure I have been accounted for. I am so proud of myself as well as the others whose journey in the MATLT Program has come to an end. Thank you to all of my professors along the way who pushed us to achieve so much more. This is not so much farewell, it is more like, let me now put to use all that you have shown me so that I can be apart of what makes this world great.


No comments:
Post a Comment